Projects are unique, utilise planned objectives and use a variety of resources. Unlike on-going management roles, project management has a final deliverable and a finite timespan. As a result, Project Managers need a wide range of skills; often technical skills, people management as well as being business savvy in order to successfully deliver on-time and within budget.
This workshop will investigate the fundamentals of project management as well as how the development of technology has changed the way projects are managed in the 21st century and the effective skills needed in order to be successful. The day will include major case studies that will be used as learning points as well as an open discussion. An important aspect that will also be analysed is the skills needed at a senior level and the level of influence they can exert within an organisation.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The fundamentals of modern-day project management and the skills and competencies needed to take on a senior role and how to develop them
- How to operate a fixed scope and managing delivery dates for an Agile project
- Learn how to change you and your team's mindset from using Waterfall to Agile techniques
- How to measure a project’s success and what techniques and technologies Project Manager should be using, and why
- Learn how to successfully tackle people management challenges as a Project Manager