This Industry Masterclass session will provide corporate IT strategists with an excellent overview of how you can use Software Asset Management to understand and manage risk, and thereby deliver savings to the business.
The Masterclass will be supported by external expert input from IT/software asset and licence management specialists IT Asset Management Solutions (ITAMS). Delegates at previous Forum activities have reported ITAMS' input as "great, independent and good advice" and "very good and informative".
Where I was – the problem
- We had a SAM Tool but we failed audits.
- I couldn’t get the information I needed.
- How the business viewed SAM.
Where I need to be – what does the business truly want
- New world / SAM within SIAM
- Outsourcers adding to the complexity.
- I needed to retain control.
- I need to present value to the business.
- Getting Best Value for my business.
How do I get there – the solution
- Understanding my resources against what I need.
- Building Process / Policy and Governance
- Understanding what vendors and how I’m going to address and what is needed to do this.
- Getting the data right.
- Reporting the right way and getting the information used.
- How will the business perceive SAM?
Delegates at the Forum's earlier Masterclasseswith IT Asset Management Solutions (ITAMS) said "ITAMS' involvement acted as a catalyst" and the input provided was ""very useful and informative.""
ITAMS is a UK vendor independent, IT and software asset management consulting and technology company and managed services provider. Awarded first place in the UK in the ITAM Review's SAM MSP grouptest in 2014 and 2015, ITAMS has been delivering consulting, technology and managed services to over 400 UK and global, private and public sector organisations, including many from the FTSE 500, and many with 20K-150K employees, since 2002.
Their key objective is to help reduce the cost and risks associated with IT hardware and software licence assets by delivering a range of advisory and managed services that have been built on strong market, industry and niche subject matter knowledge.
Working with most mainstream IT software technologies, ITAMS services and dedicated solutions are often tailored to individual requirements and delivered by one of the most experienced teams in the UK.
In 2015, ITAMS was awarded a place on the G-Cloud 6 framework, the UK Governments' Digital Marketplace for providing cloud services to the public sector. Through G-Cloud 6, ITAMS offers Software as a Service and Specialist Cloud Services.
Asked about their learnings from the earlier Masterclasses, delegates said that they took away:
- "Better budget process, cost savings and service improvements"
- "A baseline of assets to allow for reporting and making incremental/pragmatic improvements"
- "Managing the asset/information/company's money better"
- "Very valuable - better controls and structure/governance"
- "I now feel more empowered to get our requirements identified, targets set and understand this will be a journey. However, quick wins can be identiifed"
- "As a fairly new comer to SAM, I learnt a lot of new things and have loads of new things to think about"
For more information please visit: www.itamsolutions.com